Sundowner Villa reigns as Virgin Gorda’s most sought-after honeymoon villa. This majestic yet romantic, one-bedroom beachfront villa, with a street address of 1 Paradise Lane within Nail Bay Estate, impresses guests with its royally inviting decor. Sliding glass doors on the one-bedroom villa’s private patio lead to the inside dining and living areas, and the open-plan spacious gourmet kitchen. Steps above the living room, the bedroom’s king-sized bed sits like a throne, waiting to envelop guests in the luxurious bed linens and luxury pillows. The view from the throne bed overlooks the turquoise sea and the cloud-strewn azure sky with colors custom-made in the Caribbean. Sundowner is the British Virgin Island’s quintessential couples vacation villa! Sundowner can be rented together with Sunset Watch and 1 Paradise Lane as a 4-bedroom villa with two pools that can accommodate up to 10 people.
Sundowner was named after the owners went on a trip to South Africa and Botswana. After every long day in the bush enjoying a safari, they had an alcoholic drink at sundown in the bush. This drink was referred to as having a Sundowner. We could not think of a better place to have a drink at sundown than Sundowner, which was built in 2001 and updated in 2018. Sundowner was furnished with objects the owners collected from various parts of Africa and around the world.
Fully stocked, this villa’s modern kitchen provides the tools and appliances for every level of cooking, from microwave to 5-star chef. Kitchen amenities include, but are not limited to:
- Stainless Refrigerator & Dishwasher (with ice/water dispenser)
- Frigidaire Over-Range Microwave
- Glass-Top Range/Oven
- Stainless Toaster Oven
- Full Spice Rack
- Expresso machine
- Sur La Table Multifunctional Air Fryer
- Espresso Machine & Drip and Keurig Coffee Maker
- Electric Bread-MakerThe living area contains a spacious couch with plush cushions and tasteful furnishings that perfectly fit this tastefully decorated vacation rental. In addition to providing every comfort for relaxing, the one-bedroom villa offers all of your technological needs including a flat-screen tv with access to Amazon music and movies and Apple movies, stereo sound system, home theatre, all-in-one laser printer /copier/fax machine, and high-speed broad band connection plus a cordless phone with a local number for local calls. A small collection of DVD movies, puzzles, and board games are available. Connect music from any device to our portable waterproof Bluetooth speaker and play music or take it out to the pool and beach with its own travel bag.
The indoor dining area seats four so you can have dinner with friends, but since you’ll be in paradise, you may often eat out at the outdoor dining table with 4 swivel chairs near a gas barbeque grill on the private, spacious covered patio with a view of Sir Francis Drake Channel. Hang out on two comfortable planter’s chairs to catch the beautiful sunsets or sunbathe on the recliners on the open deck.
The open floor plan of this villa allows you to move easily throughout the house right out of bed. You even have a perfect view of the pool, beach, and palm trees all while lying in bed!
The bedroom is a step up from the living room and includes a king-size bed with wall-mounted flatscreen tv, ceiling fan, and gorgeous views of the ocean.
Right off the bedroom you can step into the master bath, one of many hidden gems here at Sundowner. A large dressing room with separate closets leads to the bathroom where you will first find a double sink vanity. From there you can step into our one-of-a-kind, spacious and enclosed indoor/ outdoor shower with privacy glass. You will also find an iron, ironing board, wall safe and hairdryer.
Take a dip in your private infinity plunge pool just steps from Nail Bay beach. Enjoy coffee, tea or your favorite beverage from your own private oceanfront deck. The pool was completely resurfaced with mosaic tiles in the fall of 2021 and a state-of-the-art LED lighting was installed soon thereafter.
Guests can slip down a native stone pathway and, within a few minutes, sink their toes into the sands of the isolated Nail Bay Beach immediately below on Virgin Gorda’s western shore. You have access to as well to a 1,600 sq. ft of private white sandy beach with 125 feet of beachfront. A hammock welcomes you to lounge on this sandy beach. Or relax on the outdoor seating next to a picnic table to enjoy a picnic in comfort.
This stone pathway also connects the villa to the sandy beach and the Caribbean Sea replete with marine life. Small fish dart between swaying corals and natural rock pools. A pile of boulders on one end of the beach offers the perfect place to climb, play, or share a meal and a bottle of champagne. Create your own beach adventure. Arguably, some of the best snorkeling in Virgin Gorda is below Sundowner. Beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkels, and fins are available at no cost. Or you can use one of the property’s kayaks to explore the waterfront or even the Dog Islands.
All guests staying at Sundowner have complimentary access to all the facilities of Nail Bay Sports Club including the outdoor tennis court, indoor squash court and airconditioned gym, and indoor ping pong room. Sundowner is an easy walking distance of the beautiful swim-up bar and pool next to the highly acclaimed Sugar Cane Restaurant which has an amazing sunset view.
*CAN BE COMBINED WITH SUNSET WATCH (1 BEDROOM) & PARADISE LANE (2 BEDROOMS)
- Guests: 2
- Amenities: AC Throughout, Beach Chairs, Beach Towels, Beachfront, Bluetooth Speaker, Extensive kitchen appliances, Generator, Gym, Hair dryer, Pool, Safe, Smart TV, Snorkel Gear, Terrace, Wi-Fi
- View: Ocean View
- Bed Type: 1 King
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Island: Virgin Gorda
- Beach: Mountain Trunk Beach, Nail Bay